Moist, delicious, and warming. This hearty loaf is perfect to snack on with a cuppa . Share it with your guests...or don't ;)
- 50g Butter or coconut oil
- 3 tbsp honey or maple
- 3 bananas (overripe and going brown is best!)
- 2 Eggs (or for a vegan option, mix 1 tbsp of milled flax with 3 tbsp of water and leave to stand for 10 mins and use this as a replacement)
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 150g Self raising flour
- 100g Buckwheat Flour
- 50g Sesame Seeds & Sunflower Seed Luteal blend
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Line a loaf tin with baking parchment.
- In a pan, melt the butter or coconut oil with the honey or maple over a gentle heat. Once melted, remove from the heat
- In a bowl, mash the bananas, then add the eggs (or flax egg) and whisk until well combined and frothy.
- Add the salt, bicarb, vanilla and cinnamon to the banana mixture and whisk again.
- Add the liquid from the pan to the bowl, stir well then finally fold in the flour and seeds.
- Make sure all ingredients are combined then pour mixture into the lined loaf tin.
- Bake for 50 mins then remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin. Slice and enjoy!